“We use The Creative Curriculum® because all preschool students should have access to the same high-quality curriculum as their general education peers.”
Preschool Program Specialist, Early Childhood Special Education
Seattle Public Schools
Children with special needs are among the most vulnerable members of our classroom community. As an educator, you know this. You understand the obstacles these children face and the unique challenges that you, as their educator and advocate, will encounter. We do, too.
With The Creative Curriculum® and GOLD®, we can help you promote positive outcomes for all children, including those with special needs.
A Strong Link Between Curriculum and Assessment Seamlessly Drives Individualized Instruction for All Learners
When used together, The Creative Curriculum® and GOLD® have the ability to transform teaching and assessment in your classroom. Aligned to the same 38 objectives for development and learning, these classroom solutions work together to directly link classroom observations with your day-to-day instructional decisions, taking the guesswork out of individualizing instruction. With tools to help simplify your daily planning, you can make learning an individualized experience.
Research has shown that The Creative Curriculum® and GOLD® effectively support the development and learning of children from diverse backgrounds and produce positive child outcomes.
Create a classroom community that celebrates every child’s unique skills and abilities.
The same approaches to learning that help teachers provide high-quality learning experiences to all children also translate into special education classrooms.
How can GOLD® and The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool help you support the needs of all children?
- Focus on Strengths: The 38 objectives for development and learning at the heart of both GOLD® and The Creative Curriculum® provide strengths-based language that helps teachers identify what every child can do, rather than what they can’t.
- Hands-on Exploration: Our studies center around concepts found in children’s everyday life, such as balls, trees, and clothes, which every child can find joy and understanding in. They offer all children, no matter where they are developmentally, opportunities to investigate familiar topics, making it easier to learn confidently and build skills across all areas of learning and development.
- Support for Responsive Planning: With access to a rich library of daily resources that can provide specific practice in learning areas that may need extra support, teachers can plan responsively based on each child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Individualized Instruction: Our Intentional Teaching Cards™ enable teachers to individualize instruction by using Teaching Sequences to scaffold experiences for children with differing skills and abilities.
- Guidance for Modifications: Throughout our foundational volumes, teachers will find embedded support sections titled “Including All Children” to help inform their decision-making in the classroom. The volumes also offer modification ideas to support all learners, including, but not limited to, tactile, visual, auditory, and sensory supports.
- OSEP Reporting: GOLD® is fully-aligned with OSEP, allowing administrators to generate Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) reports. For children who have IEPs, GOLD® also provides additional dimensions related to self-care. With this feature, administrators have more time to focus on what matters most—supporting teachers and advocating for the children within their care.
Our Solutions are Research-Backed and Research-Proven.
GOLD® and The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool are both extensively tested by independent researchers and grounded in the most current research about how children develop and learn.
Plan with Intention Anywhere, Anytime with our Digital Resources.
The Creative Curriculum® also provides access to digital curriculum resources that complement our print solutions. These resources help teachers save valuable time while planning and offer opportunities to provide intentional, individualized instruction.
Professional Development Solutions Built to Support You Every Step of the Way.
As an early childhood educator, continued professional development will support your commitment to high-quality and developmentally appropriate practice.
Embedded Professional Development
Throughout our solutions, teachers will find specific modifications and strategies for including all children to ensure that all learners can participate fully and feel successful.
In-Person Professional Development
We offer a wide range of in-person sessions, ranging from introductory overviews to advanced examinations of specific topics.
Online Professional Development
Our online courses provide educators with the opportunity to extend their learning in ways that best fit their schedule and allow them to earn CEU credit upon completion.