What is the cost of an in-person professional development session?
Costs for on-site Early Childhood Education Professional Development Trainings may vary, but as a point of reference:
- A two consecutive day on-site training costs approximately $5,285.00
- A standard one day onsite training for GOLD® and The Creative Curriculum® costs $3,465.00
Teaching Strategies covers the cost of the trainer’s domestic travel, assuming the session is booked within the required timeframe. Additional fees may apply.
How can I pay for my professional development session(s)?
Credit card, PO, or check
How much does online professional development cost?
An online professional development subscription costs $165 per teacher per year and includes unlimited access to all courses in our online library.
What is the time/length/duration of each in-person session?
Most sessions are 2 days, 6 hours each day. Please contact us if you have special needs for customizing your training.
How far in advance do I need to book an in-person session?
We require 30 days advance notice to schedule an in-person professional development session. This timeframe allows for contract agreement, needs assessment, and session customization. It also supports participant familiarization with learning objectives for an optimal learning experience.
What do I need to provide for the in-person training?
Sponsors are responsible for providing:
- A suitable learning environment, including tables and chairs for trainer and participants
- Any relevant Teaching Strategies products or materials
- Sound system (as needed)
- A projector
- Internet access
- LCD projector
- TV and VCR
Below is a list of additional items that our trainers generally request be made available for the in-person professional development session. Please contact your trainer at your earliest convenience to discuss which items they will need for your in-person session.
- Chart paper
- Flip chart
- Variety of markers for flip chart
- Pack of sticky notes for each participant
- Markers for tables
- Pair of scissors
- Roll of masking tape
- Blank paper for tables
What computer requirements are necessary for in-person lab sessions?
GOLD® online works on any PC (Windows XP SP2 or later) or Mac (OS X 10.6 or later) with a high-speed Internet connection (see Bandwidth Requirements below for details). The system works with the following web browsers:
- Apple Safari 6.0 or newer
- Google Chrome 26.0 or newer
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox 18.0 or newer
- You must set your browser to accept cookies in order to use our system
- Adobe Flash Player 11.2 or greater (free from adobe.com) is required for certain functions, such as uploading files to the system and participating in e-learning
- If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure Tools > Options > Security is set to Medium or Medium-high; if this option is set to High, you may experience problems using GOLD®
- You will also need Adobe Reader (free from adobe.com) to read and print optional versions of reports
- We strongly encourage EVERY user to be registered with a valid e-mail address and update their contact information regularly
- If your organization uses e-mail filtering or security software, you must configure your policy to accept mail from the following servers:
- Name: tsiweb2.teachingstrategies.com
- Address: 184.108.40.206
- Name: mail2.teachingstrategies.com
- Address: 220.127.116.11
- If you can filter by domain, please allow:
- Use of GOLD® requires that the following TCP ports are open on any firewall, proxy server, or other packet filtering device that sits between the end user’s computer and the Internet:
- 80 (http)
- 443 (https)
|Internet Connection||Number of concurrent users supported|
|1.5 Mbps T1||5|
|6 Mbps DSL||20|
|10 Mbps Ethernet||34|
|20 Mbps Cable||64|
|50 Mbps Cable||170|
|100 Mbps Cable||341|
What are the qualifications of the trainers?
Teachings Strategies manages professional development by region to ensure our customers are getting the most customized trainings and support possible.
Teaching Strategies trainers are made up of experienced educators with a wide range of expertise, including English-language development and acquisition, children with disabilities, family child care, early literacy, and assessment. They are the only trainers endorsed by Teaching Strategies to conduct professional development workshops—so you can trust them to deliver the high-quality support you’ve always counted on from Teaching Strategies.
What in-person sessions are available in Spanish?
The Creative Curriculum® Sessions:
- El Currículo Creativo™ para niños de 0 a 3 años Introducción para maestros (The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos 2-Day for Teachers)
- El Currículo Creativo™ para educación preescolar 2-Día (The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool 2-Day for Teachers)
- Overview of The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
- The Foundation for The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
- Implementing The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
- Responsive Planning for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Establishing a Creative Curriculum Program: Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Social-Emotional Development in The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Building Partnerships with Families in The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Language and Literacy in The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Routines in The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Experiences in The Creative Curriculum® for Infants, Toddlers & Twos
- Introducción a GOLD® Sesión de dos días (GOLD® 2-Day Toolkit)
- GOLD® Introductory 2-Day Lab Session | Introducción a GOLD® Sesión de 2 días
- GOLD® Introductory Lab Session: Focus on Reporting
- GOLD® Interrater Reliability Certification
- Beginning GOLD® Implementation
- Observation: The Key to Responsive Planning
Does Teaching Strategies provide CEUs for their in-person and online training sessions?
Teaching Strategies, LLC, is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Teaching Strategies complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, Teaching Strategies is accredited to issue the IACET CEU.
Participants who successfully complete our professional development sessions are eligible to receive 1.0 CEUs for 10 contact hours (600 minutes) of learner interaction with the learning activity content.
Most 2-day, face-to-face sessions with 12 hours of learning time equate to 1.2 CEUs at the cost of $120 per participant, in addition to the cost of the training.
A ten-hour online professional development course equates to 1.0 CEU. An online professional development subscription costs $165 per teacher per year and includes unlimited access to all courses in our online library.
How do I know which training is right for my organization?
We will work with you to help determine your program’s needs and which training will best support your efforts. Please call 855-448-4352.
How do I schedule a professional development session?
Once the topic and training have been identified, a member of the Teaching Strategies Professional Development Team will work with you to schedule your session.
How can I get more information?
Please call 855-448-4352.