NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) and Teaching Strategies are hosting virtual professional development sessions with a focus on interpreting GOLD data to inform decision making. These sessions are intended for NC Pre-K Program Directors and Administrators, NC Pre-K Regional Consultants, Contracting Agency Administrators, Mentors, and Evaluators.
During this 3-hour session, administrators will use the reports in GOLD, to interpret data and inform decision making. Administrators will also discuss ways to use this data to support teachers in providing developmentally appropriate instruction for all children.
PD session participants will:
- Explore the assessment process and the corresponding functions within GOLD that support the assessment process.
- Identify the purposes of GOLD and describe the role it plays in informing instruction.
- Examine the purpose of GOLD and determine program expectations.
- Identify GOLD reports used to inform classroom instruction, partnering with families, monitor documentation and checkpoint entry, communicate child outcomes, and generate custom program reporting. Develop data-driven plans using GOLD reporting tools.
Participants are required to choose one (and only one) session offered below. All sessions contain the exact same content.
When registering for a professional development session please keep in mind:
- Each participant must register to attend training separately (no group registration). Each registration must include that person’s name and unique email address.
- Only one registration will be accepted per person (duplicate registrations will be canceled). Participants must attend only your registered session, which will total 3 hours of training.
- All 3 hours of training must be completed in order to receive the training certificate.
- If you have not pre-registered for training, you will not be eligible for a certificate of completion.
Search for Available Sessions:
To begin, please use the filters below to find a session date and then click Register to visit that session’s registration page to find available session groups and times.
No Events Found