Build the foundation children need for success in school and in life
An SEL Curriculum for the Whole Child
Al’s Pals is a nationally recognized, evidence-based social–emotional learning curriculum designed for children ages 3 to 6. This comprehensive curriculum empowers young children to learn how to make healthy decisions, resolve conflicts, manage their feelings, and build positive relationships. Educators who implement Al’s Pals can build a nurturing classroom environment with activities such as
- lessons that facilitate large-group interactive discussions and problem-solving experiences,
- original songs that reinforce lessons and core concepts, and
- puppets and puppet scripts to engage preschool children.
A Nationally recognized, Evidence-based
Preschool Social-Emotional Curriculum
- The National Center on Quality
Teaching and Learning
Rated highest level of evidence of effectiveness
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Designated Model Program
- Department of Education
Designated Effective School-Based Prevention Program
A Social–Emotional Learning Curriculum You Can Trust
The Making of the Al’s Pals Original Songs and Music
Learn how we created the brand-new Al’s Pals songs and music to reinforce core social–emotional learning concepts, language, and vocabulary while providing an authentic musical experience that will be loved by children, families, and teachers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Al’s Pals is designed to be implemented in programs that serve children ages 3 to 6.
Al’s Pals includes 52 lessons that guide educators in facilitating group activities through interactive lessons, engaging puppets, original music, and impactful teaching approaches. Curriculum content covers a broad range of important social-emotional skills that children need for success in school and in life. Content is divided into four categories.
- Identification and expression of feelings
- Relationships and respectful communication
- Safe and unsafe substances and situations
Al’s Pals is intended to help young children develop knowledge, skills, and abilities that will prepare them to tackle life’s inevitable challenges.
With engaging lessons and effective teaching approaches, Al’s Pals
- helps children learn to manage feelings and behaviors;
- cultivates conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills;
- builds positive relationships;
- helps prevents bullying;
- creates caring, cooperative classrooms;
- teaches children to make healthy choices; and
- promotes authentic partnerships with children’s families.
With 52 lessons to choose from, educators can engage preschool children in large-group settings twice a week for 20 minutes each. The flexibility of the lessons enables teachers to implement social–emotional learning instruction in ways that complement their other curricula.
Al’s Pals guides educators to identify and celebrate different identities and cultures in the classroom. The curriculum’s resources help teachers encourage children to discuss their own experiences and learn to embrace others and their uniqueness.
Foster Resiliency When It’s Needed the Most
Give young children the skills to prepare for life’s challenges with Al’s Pals, an evidence-based comprehensive social–emotional learning curriculum designed to meet the specific needs of preschool children.