The NC Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and Teaching Strategies are hosting virtual professional development sessions on Implementing GOLD. This session is intended for NC DPI-funded Pre-K teachers and assistant teachers.
In this PD session participants will:
- Explain how curriculum and assessment work together to strengthen classroom practice and promote positive outcomes for all children.
- Identify the purposes of GOLD and describe the role it plays in informing instruction.
- Explain how to use the objectives for development and learning to focus observations and respond with appropriate support for individual and group needs.
- Explain how MyTeachingStrategies supports the four steps of the assessment process link curriculum and assessment to support children’s development and learning.
Participants are required to choose one (and only one) session offered below. All sessions contain the exact same content.
When registering for a professional development session please keep in mind:
- Each participant must register to attend training separately (no group registration).
- Each registration must include that person’s name and unique email address.
- Only one registration will be accepted per person (duplicate registrations will be canceled).
- Participants must attend only your registered session, which will total 6 hours of training.
- All 6 hours of training must be completed in order to receive the training certificate.
- If you have not pre-registered for training, you will not be eligible for a certificate of completion.