The NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) and Teaching Strategies are hosting virtual professional development sessions on getting started with Creative Curriculum. This session is intended for NC Pre-K Regional Consultants, Contracting Agency Administrators, Mentors, Evaluators, and new NC Pre-K teachers and assistant teachers (those that did not take training in the 20/21 school year).
In this PD session participants will:
- Identify the essential components of your Teaching Strategies solution for high-quality preschool programming and the primary purposes of each of the components.
- Define curriculum and assessment and identify Teaching Strategies tools to support each.
- Identify the important aspects of meaningful family engagement and the tools that best support it.
- List the key steps for getting started with Teaching Strategies curriculum and assessment tools.
Participants are required to choose one (and only one) session offered below. All sessions contain the exact same content.
When registering for a professional development session please keep in mind:
- Each participant must register to attend training separately (no group registration).
- Each registration must include that person’s name and unique email address.
- Only one registration will be accepted per person (duplicate registrations will be canceled).
- Participants must attend only your registered session, which will total 6 hours of training.
- All 6 hours of training must be completed in order to receive the training certificate.
- If you have not pre-registered for training, you will not be eligible for a certificate of completion.