The NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) and Teaching Strategies are hosting virtual professional development sessions with a focus on meaningful experiences using in-depth investigation. These sessions are intended for NC Pre-K teachers and assistant teachers, NC Pre-K Regional Consultants, Contracting Agency Administrators, Mentors, and Evaluators.
Educators are used to hearing things like, “children learn through play,” and “authentic experiences are the most important,” but what do these things actually mean for teachers’ practice? In this 6-hour session, participants will examine what The Creative Curriculum says about creating developmentally appropriate, meaningful experience for children in their care. Participants will cover strategies for engaging children in a range of learning experiences and ways to track and celebrate growth in children’s learning and development. Finally, participants will evaluate family involvement in learning and discuss tools to increase family engagement in children’s learning.
In this PD session participants will:
- Define Developmentally Appropriate Practice and create a plan to evaluate classroom experience for appropriateness.
- Plan ways to use long-term investigations with embedded learning opportunities to help children find answers to their questions.
- List a variety of ways to document and celebrate children’s learning during investigative experiences.
- Identify resources to engage families in children’s developmentally appropriate, meaningful learning in the classroom and at home.
Participants are required to choose one (and only one) session offered below. All sessions contain the exact same content.
When registering for a professional development session please keep in mind:
- Each participant must register to attend training separately (no group registration).
- Each registration must include that person’s name and unique email address.
- Only one registration will be accepted per person (duplicate registrations will be canceled).
- Participants must attend only your registered session, which will total 6 hours of training.
- All 6 hours of training must be completed in order to receive the training certificate.
- If you have not pre-registered for training, you will not be eligible for a certificate of completion.
Search for Available Sessions:
To begin, please use the filters below to find a session date and then click Register to visit that session’s registration page to find available session groups and times.
No Events Found