12 Blogs Educators Loved This Year
2021 has been another unprecedented year for educators, children, and families. While school policies continued to change and evolve, teachers never stopped caring for and educating children. Throughout the year, we’ve worked to provide blogs on best practices and new solutions to support educators everywhere through the many changes.
Below, we’ve compiled a list of some of the blog posts that educators found most helpful in 2021.
Teaching the Whole Child
Amidst all the changes this year, teaching and learning were still at the core of every classroom. Classrooms around the country continued to allow children to investigate and explore as they learned together. Below are four blogs to help guide your teaching practice.
- 6 Reasons to Embrace Project-Based Learning in Early Childhood Classrooms
- All Means Each: A Look at Universal Design for Learning in Early Childhood Education
- 5 Reasons Nonfiction Books Are Important for Young Learners
- 5 Things to Consider When Selecting Digital Learning Experiences for Young Children
Creating a Caring and Inclusive Classroom Community
While teaching and learning are the core of the classroom, a caring classroom community is the heart. Making sure that all children and families feel welcome and seen, while supporting children’s social and emotional development, does not happen without intention and planning. Below are four blogs that offer guidance on supporting, including, and celebrating all children and families in your classroom community.
- Three Strategies to Welcome Infants, Toddlers, and Two-year Olds to Your Program
- Honoring Family Celebrations and Holidays in Early Childhood Education
- Why I Don’t Solve Social Problems for Children Anymore
- The Critical Role of Teachers in Trauma-Informed Care and Instruction
New Solutions for Early Childhood Educators
2021 was also a busy and exciting year for us here at Teaching Strategies. Throughout the year, we were able to offer new solutions to our partners in the field that met their needs and made their days easier. Below, we share blogs highlighting four of those new solutions.