As educators, the commitment we make to caring for and prioritizing the needs of our children very often comes at our own expense. As teachers navigate new and continued challenges amidst the pandemic, it’s more important than ever that they intentionally focus on mental wellness and self-care—reducing the likelihood of burnout and fatigue and ensuring that they’re in the right space of mind to support their children’s needs. This webinar will offer practical knowledge and easily implementable strategies for teachers to help them focus on their own self-care. In this webinar, participants will:
- understand of how ACEs, stress, secondary trauma, burnout, and compassion fatigue affects us as educators and impact our children and the classroom climate;
- explore the impact of stress on our nervous systems and learn ways to counter these negative effects;
- learn why and how a regular self-care practice can make us more effective as educators;
- explore new approaches and strategies for effective self-care; and
- learn how to develop a realistic, achievable plan for building self-care into everyday life.
Prior to the pandemic, more than two-thirds of children had experienced at least one traumatic event by the age of 16. Stress from the pandemic has increased this statistic and magnified concerns for our most vulnerable children. Creating trauma-sensitive classrooms has never been more important than it is right now, but teachers are facing unprecedented challenges.
In this three-part webinar series, we’ll explore ways that trauma-informed educators can mitigate the impact of trauma and adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) on young children. Throughout the series we’ll discuss the power of relationships, the importance of self-care for educators, and an exciting new tool to help educators understand, manage, and predict dysregulated child behaviors that stem from exposure to toxic stress and ACEs.
Mitigating the Impact of Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences: The Power of RelationshipsRecorded: Wednesday, February 16, 2022
Current WebinarMitigating the Impact of Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences: The Critical Importance of Self-Care for TeachersRecorded: Wednesday, March 2, 2022
Mitigating the Impact of Trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences: Innovative Support for Building Trauma-Sensitive Classrooms with NoniRecorded: Wednesday, March 16, 2022